Thank you for attending my class!
Below you will find links to the products and resources discussed in the class.
If you’ve decided to sign up for your own Young Living account (or want more info) you can click here for more information on how to order 100% pure, therapeutic grade essential oils.
Essential oils have been used for centuries for religious and medicinal purposes. Researchers are just starting to understand their potency. Recent studies have actually identified scent receptors in the skin!
Why DIY products?
- There are hidden chemicals in many beauty and body care products, most of which have not been assessed by the FDA.
- Some of these substances are linked to hormone disruption, allergic reactions, and skin reactions.
Find out more about the ingredients in your products from the following sources:
- Hidden Chemicals in Perfume and Cologne – EWG Report
- EWG Skin Deep Database – a searchable database that ranks a wide range of products for safety and toxicity.
- EWG Guide to Cleaners – a searchable database that ranks cleaning products for safety and toxicity.
- Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
- ThinkDirty app – download this app to your phone and scan the barcode of a product to learn about potential toxins. Their blog is also very informative offering you options to natural products.
And make sure to join my Everyday Guide to Essential Oils Facebook page for more recipes and resources!
Materials for your DIY projects
As you learned in the class, many of our everyday products can be easily made at home.
Here are links to common materials used for your homemade creations (click on the photo or the text link for purchase info*):
Tropical Traditions Unscented Massage Oil – this is my favorite carrier oil for the body. The unscented version is a blend of these high quality oils: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, organic macadamia nut oil, organic jojoba, and organic Virgin Palm Oil.
They also carry a great organic hair oil which I love adding my own essential oil blends to.
Vitamin E Oil
Coconut Oil (Fractionated)
Sweet Almond Oil
Links to articles and news on essential oils and everyday toxins:
What are We doing To our Children’s Brains? Environmental chemicals are wreaking havoc to last a lifetime.
Exposure to Common Household Chemicals Linked to Early Menopause
More Then a Scent: Essential Oils Aid the Immune System
The New Antibiotics May Be Essential Oils
Prenatal exposure to common household chemicals linked with substantial drop in child IQ
The Dangers of Scentsy Candles
Toiletry Chemicals linked to testicular cancer and male infertility
How Girls are developing earlier in an age of “New Puberty”
*DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that I use personally and believe would be of value to my readers.